Gooseberry, elderflower & vanilla fools
300g topped & tailed gooseberries (or frozen gooseberries – thawed)
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tbspn water
3 tbspn Bottlegreen Elderflower cordial (or your own homemade)
300ml Trewithen Cornish Farm Dairy double cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
250g fresh custard
- Put the gooseberries in a pan with the sugar & water
- Gently stew until the gooseberries are soft & pulpy.
- Mix in the cordial & leave to cool
- Whip the double cream with vanilla extract.
- Mix the gooseberries with the custard.
- Take 6 glasses & fill with alternate layers of cream & gooseberry custard.
- Decorate with whole poached gooseberries
“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like & let the food fight it out inside”